Family Promise of Morris County mobilizes community resources and people to end the crisis of homelessness faced by Morris County families and individuals by providing a continuum of services leading to self-sufficiency.
The Full Charge Bookkeeper is a highly responsible professional position providing assistance with all financial aspects of the agency. The position is full time (40 hours per week) and works as part of a dynamic, innovative, team that embraces a creative environment while demonstrating a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
This position reports to the Director of Finance.
- Record all donations received into database (Salesforce). Import information into QuickBooks
- Prepare deposits, deliver to the bank or deposit remotely
- Using QuickBooks desktop, generate payments to vendors, (generating checks or online payments) employees and others in a timely and accurate manner
- Reconcile all bank accounts, credit card accounts and house accounts (Shop Rite) monthly in QuickBooks
- Prepare monthly client rent checks to landlords. Generate relative reporting for drawdown.
- Prepare invoices to shared building tenant for shared expenses
- Prepare invoices for various grants to outside agencies, i.e. NJ211.
- Record other receivables such as Client Rent (Leasing), Government Vouchers, EA Billing Services
- Track income and expenses vs. the budget
- Prepare account analysis when appropriate.
- Prepare reporting for monthly staff meetings
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Audit and prepare required schedules accordingly.
- Assist in the review of employee benefit programs
- 403B Plan: prepare monthly premium payment and record in QB and Vanguard. Prepare annual IRS 5500 Report
- Prepare monthly & ad hoc reporting to department heads; general ledgers, actual vs budget etc…
- Proactively maintain highly organized filing system: Vendor files, payroll, reimbursements, insurance information and other financial records
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Assist with processing bi-weekly payroll, maintaining payroll records, and other associated tasks, as needed.
- Assist with management of HUD voucher programs and other government grants, including applications, fund drawdowns, budgeting, maintaining complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes in accordance with grant guidelines, research/knowledge of grant rules and regulations and in accordance with agency and best practices.
- Assist with review of reports and vouchers monthly and quarterly, as applicable.
- BS, Accounting Degree Preferred
- Non-Profit Experience Preferred
- Expert knowledge of accounting principals
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks desktop
- Expertise in using databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective Verbal and Written Communication, Decision Making
- Efficient/Timely Documentation Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Integrity, Commitment and Passion
- Ability to Work Independently or Within a Team
- Maturity, Sense of Humor, Common Sense and the Ability to Relate Well to Others
- Salary approx. $40,000 - $45,000
- Position will work in a hybrid onsite/remote work environment. Our office is in Morristown, NJ
Background Check, Fingerprinting, Valid NJ Driver's License and Vehicle Required